JUNIOR INSTRUCTOR CAMPS
This five-day camp is designed for 15 - 17 yr old teens who love biking, want to improve their skills and learn how to become a mountain bike coach!
It’s a great stepping stone to becoming an MTB coach for programs like the WORCA bike camps, or simply an awesome week to shred, have fun and build their confidence, skills and passion.
ZEP's been training kids to mountain bike since the late 90’s. We’ve seen the power of this sport to help transform kids into confident, excited young adults… time and time again.
This camp now also includes the three-day PMBIA Level 1 Certification course!
WHO’S IT FOR...
Teenagers between the ages of 15-17 who are avid mountain bikers and at the intermediate level of riding, or above. Students should be comfortable on blue single-track trails, and easy single-black diamond trails. Typical students are comfortable with any trails in Lost Lake or trails like B-line, Karate Monkey or Crank-It-Up, in the bike park.
Students should be willing to learn with an open mind and have a genuine interest and drive in wanting to progress their skills and learn about coaching.
- Days 1 & 2: Skills coaching with individual feedback and attention from the best coaches in the business. These guys train 80% of the instructors in the industry… worldwide!
- Days 3 - 5: PMBIA Level 1 Instructor Course: a three day course designed to train and prepare teenagers how to work as an assistant instructor. More info here: pmbia.org/courses/level-1/
- Healthy, tasty lunches provided each day!
- First two days are 10am - 4.00pm
- Last three days are 8.30am - 4.30pm
LEARN THINGS LIKE
- Bike & Suspension set-up
- How to descend faster with more safety and control
- How to better control speeds on steeps and rock rolls
- How to adapt to different drops at different speeds
- How to rail any corner; flat, bermed, fast or slow
- How to teach and guide safe and fun mountain bike lessons
- Riding Theory of MTB, including basic physics and biomechanics
- Teaching Skills: communication, lesson structure and learning styles
- Guiding Skills: safety rules, class management and terrain choice
- Risk Management: good decision making, cause and effect
Build your confidence, have fun, meet some new friends and get even more stoked on this amazing sport. The ZEP coaches have years of experience training and teaching kids and teenagers how to ride and can offer the encouraging, fun learning environment you’re looking for.
WHAT TO BRING
A good quality, well maintained mountain bike with disc brakes and good quality tires. A modern “Enduro” or “Trail” bike with full suspension, would be ideal. Full well-fitted helmet , gloves and knee pads are mandatory. Students must carry their own tools, spare tube, water, snacks and phone.
2019 DATES & PRICING
- 15th - 19th | 29th - Aug 2nd
|Program||$829 / person||Includes 5 days of coaching and training, with lunches|
|Lift Ticket||$TBA||If required, please contact us for details|
All of ZEP’s quality, MTB friendly accommodations have full kitchens and laundry facilities.
We recommend you bring your own bike. However, if you need to rent a bike, please contact our partners at Evolution Bike Shop.
"Last summer was without doubt one of the best! I feel so fortunate to have found ZEP and to have had Paul as my coach. After 15+yrs of riding I decided it was time to ingest; to take myself seriously as a mountain bike and so it meant a lot that ZEP did too.
You were supportive and patient and clearly knew how to get me where I wanted to be… I doubt the feeling when I rode off and landed the Face to Black drop will ever go away! Best of all we had fun getting there. By the end of the season I was literally (and am still) riding beyond my wildest dreams. And for that I’ll forever be grateful to ZEP. Thank you!"