Gap Year Instructor Camps
ZEP offered the industries first instructor training camps back in 2007. Today these camps are the most comprehensive instructor training camps available, anywhere in the world.
Getting paid to ride your bike is a dream come true and ZEP’s Instructor Camp is the best option to help kick start your new career!
Learn from and be mentored by the most experienced instructor-trainers in the mountain bike industry who not only coach the ZEP camps, but are also Directors and Course Conductors for the world’s largest provider of mountain bike instructor certifications; the PMBI Association.
So, you can learn from the best, be certified by the world’s most available and recognized certification, and do all of this on the best MTB trails in the world, in Whistler! It just doesn’t get any better!
- Become a fully certified PMBIA Instructor & Guide
- Learn how to (and be certified to) teach and guide beginner to intermediate riders in both cross country and downhill (bike park) environments.
- Gain a professional certification that is recognized world-wide by industry leading bike parks, camps, coaches and insurance companies.
- Improve your riding skills more than you ever thought possible.
- Ride the best trails in the world!
- Learn from the most experienced instructor-trainers in the industry.
- Job seeking support post camp. We’ll work with our international partners to help you gain employment where possible, and will provide a reference from the owner of ZEP and Director of the PMBI Association. You’ll be set!
- PMBI Level 1 Certification Course included on all camps
- PMBI Level 2 training included in 5 week camp
- Four days/week coaching & training in Whistler Valley and Whistler Bike Park.
- Small group sizes for quality learning
- On Trail Video Analysis and Personal Feedback
- Pump Track Training
- Suspension Set-up Clinic by industry renowned Vorsprung Technicians
- Sports Nutrition Seminar by certified nutritionist
- Mechanics session from industry experts at Evolution Bike Shop
- Strength & Conditioning session with ZEP’s Head Race Coach
and there’s more!
- Whistler Bike Park Season Lift Pass
- Welcome Pack full of biking goodies from our sponsors
- Five Ten Pro-deal card for all campers!
- In Resort Rep is ZEP Camp's Owner! Customer service is our priority.
- Fantastic, catered chalet close to the village and trails, included in the 3 week camp
- Or find your own place and book the “Camp Only”
- Trail-bike rentals included non-bike park days
- Stay with us at our premium accommodation options
- Airport transfer
Transform your riding, skills and confidence to the next level whilst you learn how to teach and guide beginner to intermediate mountain bikers - in any discipline! During your training for the Professional Mountain Bike Instructor (PMBI) Certification, we'll teach you how to analyze the sport, understand it's key skills and components whilst learning the principles to safe, effective instruction, through the most up-to-date and professional teaching and guiding practices.
ZEP'S INSTRUCTOR TRAINING CAMP WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER RIDER AND AN EVEN BETTER INSTRUCTOR.
The camp is 100% practical based with up to four days/week coaching on the trails, with additional seminars and workshops to provide a truly holistic approach to your training.
BEING A GOOD INSTRUCTOR IS MORE THAN JUST BEING ABLE TO RIDE AND TEACH WELL. SEMINARS ON NUTRITION, STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING, MECHANICS AND SUSPENSION SET UP PROVIDE A FUN, YET VITAL COMPONENT TO YOUR INSTRUCTOR TRAINING CAMP.
The Instructor Training Camps are divided into three main sections: riding skill development, instructor training (which includes preparation for and then taking the PMBI Level 1 Certification) and then instructor development; whereby you practice and further enhance your teaching and riding skills during the final part of the camp. No other camp provides this level of instructor training program, period.
Each Camper will also receive the PMBIA Instructor Reference Guide; including all the theory, skills and exercises coached to you on the trails, further maximizing the learning process.
The three and five week Instructor Camps in May, also include direct hiring opportunities with Whistler Bike Park and ZEP MTB Camps, beginning June 2017.
The three and five week Instructor Camps in August, includes direct hiring opportunities with Whistler Bike Park and ZEP MTB Camps for the following summer, in 2018.
NOTE: To be eligible for employment, campers would need to successfully complete the PMBI Certification Courses, a job interview and hold a valid Canadian Working Visa for the duration of the biking season they wish to work in.